- What’s Happening
- MLK Service Day
MLK Service Day
2023 Martin Luther King, Jr. National Holiday
The cities and school districts of Royal Oak and Berkley are proud to announce a joint MLK Day event for the entire community to remember, participate, and honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on Monday, January 16 at Berkley High School.
Join Us To March: The community is invited to gather at Berkley High School, 2325 Catalpa Dr., for a freedom walk and donation drive. Doors open at 9:00 AM, march steps off 9:30 AM.
Service Projects: At 10:15 am service project begin at Berkley High School, including making blankets, sorting donations and making cards for first responders.
Make A Donation: The event committee will also be collecting the following donations prior to the freedom walk to support the following groups:
- Redford Brightmoor Initiative
- Cass Community Social Services
- Judson Center
- Royal Oak First United Methodist
- Canned goods, pasta, peanut butter, jelly, granola bars, boxed food items
- Toilet paper, dish soap, paper towels, laundry detergent
- Shampoo/conditioner (including the following brands: Shea moisture, As I Am, Curls, Aunt Jackie's), deodorant, shaving cream, feminine products
Diapers and pull-ups
- All sizes, no opened packages
New children's books
- Infant through middle school age
- Socks (all sizes), underwear (men and children), winter hats (adult)
Items will be collected onsite through noon and then delivered that day by volunteers.
Amazon Wish List: Can't make it to the event but would like to make a donation? Shop our Amazon Wish List and your item will be delivered.
Ship Items to:
MLK Service Day Donation
800 De Villen Ave
Royal Oak, MI 48073