Tim's Kitchen at the Senior Center
Serviced by Chef Erin Koch
Nutritious & Delicious
Enjoy meals prepared from scratch in the Mahany/Meininger Senior Community Center kitchen Monday - Friday, served at 11:45 a.m. Chef Erin Koch (pronounced like "cook") will be serving new creations along with some of your favorites from our late chef, Tim Campbell. The meals are nutritious, filling and delicious!
Tim's Kitchen is a private pay, non-subsidized program.
Meals Serviced: Monday-Friday
Dine-In Meals: $3.50 each
Carry Outs: $4.00
- Please pay at the front desk.
- Dine-in meals serviced at 11:45 a.m.
- Pick up carry outs from noon - 3 p.m.
- Menu subject to change without notice.
- To reserve a meal & guarantee a slot, please call up to one week in advance to the date as we service a limited number of meals and slots sell out quickly.
- Call 24 hours in advance to cancel if unable to attend. If you do not call to cancel or do not pick up your carry-out two times in a calendar year, you will not be permitted to get lunch for the remainder of that year.
- Punch cards available for purchase for 5 or 10 meals. Bus fee is waived if you ride the shuttle at 9:15 am or 9:45 am to the Center for lunch.
Chef Erin offers bake sale items daily for a $1.00 each. Please stop by the center to taste these delicious treats (quick breads, cakes, cookies or more)! You won't be disappointed.
Questions? Please contact the Senior Center at 248-246-3900 for menu options and/or to be added to the daily meal roster or to have your general questions answered.
Please see the article about Chef Erin Koch in C&G Newspaper.
Note from the Chef...
Tim’s Kitchen benefits greatly from the donations it receives. Without the generosity of several patrons or organizations, the kitchen would face a much harder time preparing and delivering such wonderful meals. (And baked goods too!) Thank you to everyone who has donated either monetarily, or by purchasing a needed item, or hosting a fundraiser for the kitchen.
If you would like to donate to the Meal Program, I have put together a list of needed items that can be found on below or stop by the center for a copy of the full list or Top 10 needed items.
Thank you all for the continued participation in and support of Tim’s Kitchen.
Chef Erin Koch
Check Out the Daily Lunch Menu!
December 2019 Lunch Menu
- Call 248-246-3900 at least one day in advance to reserve a meal (please call before 1 p.m.).
- You may reserve at any time for meals planned during the month.
- Please call to cancel reservation if you are unable to attend.
- You may purchase meal vouchers (for 5 or 10 meals) at any time. Great gift idea!
- Bus fee is waived if you ride one of the morning Shuttles to the Center for lunch! The Shuttle Service has two morning runs, 9:15 a.m. and 9:45 a.m. For further information, please call the Center.
- Menu subject to change based on availability of food supplies.
- Call if you are going to be late! At times we have people waiting for meals. We reserve the right to give meals to those waiting if registrant is not present (or has not called) by 11:45 a.m.
- Carry out for $4.00 - Pick up at noon to 3:00 p.m.
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels are available to home-bound residents unable to travel to the Center. Call Oakland Meals On Wheels at 248-689-0001 for hot meals delivered daily. The menu for home-bound meals differs from the meals listed on Daily Menu.