The City of Royal Oak Department of Public Services (DPS) is excited to introduce its newest vehicle – a John Deere 624L Front End Loader.
This machine does TONS of work for the city. In addition to loading an average of 3000 TONS of salt each year, it’s also the frontline workhorse of the department’s leaf collection efforts, handling an average 10,000 TONS each fall.
Right now we call it #292, but given all the heavy lifting it does, we think it deserves a proper name, don’t you?
Get your creativity flowing and send us your name suggestion for our newest vehicle!
The entry deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 5, 2021.
1. Submit your name suggestion with a brief explanation as to why it is the best name using this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M2V8MRQ
2. DPS staff will review the submissions and recommend up to top five (5) submissions to be considered by residents. Voting will take place Feb. 10 through Feb. 14.
3. The winning name will go on the back of the vehicle. In addition to bragging rights, the winner will receive a $25 Yiftee gift card that can be redeemed at local businesses.
4. In the case of duplicate name entries, the first entry to be received will be recognized -- so don't wait to enter.
5. The contest is open to all residents of Royal Oak.
6. Children are encouraged to participate!
7. Employees of the City of Royal Oak and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the contest.