Elections & Voting
- City Election: Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Presidential Primary: Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- Presidential Primary: Tuesday, August 4, 2020
- Presidential Election: Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Positions to be Elected for November 5, 2019:
One seat: 2-Year Term
Three seats: 4-Year Terms
Need to vote absentee? Learn more on our Voting Absentee Ballot page.
Military and Overseas Voting
Voting assistance for Service members, their families and overseas citizens. Fill out your application here: FVAP.gov
Voter Information Center
Royal Oak participates in the state-wide QVF system, and the City's voting records are available from this system. Visit the Michigan Voter Information Center to do the following:
- Determine if you are registered to vote
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
- Find your polling location
- Learn to use your voting equipment
- View your sample ballot
Find out how to become an election inspector for the City of Royal Oak.
View City, County, and State-wide results for past elections.
Find your voting precinct and polling place using our online maps.
Anyone who is 18 years of age may register to vote at the Clerk's Office in the City which they live in. They may also register at any Secretary of State office or local school.
View requirements and apply for an Absentee Voter Ballot.