Get What You Need During Our Move
We are in the process of moving to our new facility and do not have access to phone lines or digital records. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The following information will help you get what you need,
We look forward to seeing you soon at our new location. For more information, go to www.romi.gov.
- Accepts applications from residents who want to serve on boards and committees.
- Conducts elections, registers voters and maintains voter records.
- Issues solicitation permits, Dream Cruise permits, special event permits, etc.
- Keeps official city records.
- Maintains the Peddler's Do Not Knock Registry.
- Posts notices and takes minutes of official city meetings.
- Processes and manages Freedom of Information Act requests.
- Provides birth and death certificates.
- Provides dog licenses and bike licenses
Understand the operation of your local government through its boards and committees.
Anyone who was born in the City of Royal Oak may purchase their birth certificate through the Clerk's Office. You may come in person and pick them up the same day or send us a mail-in request.
The Clerk's Office keeps death certificates for those who have died in Royal Oak. Anyone may pick up a certified copy. You may come in person and pick them up the same day or send us a mail-in request.
Any person in lawful possession and occupancy of any residence, house, apartment, or other dwelling within the City of Royal Oak may request that the City place and maintain his or her residence, house, apartment, or dwelling on the Do Not Knock Registry.
The City Clerk conducts elections, registers voters and maintains voter records.
Find information regarding business licensing in our fully indexed and searchable online system.
Every resident of the city who owns a dog must license their dog through the City of Royal Oak. By ordinance, licenses must expire at the same time as the rabies vaccination. Licenses may be purchased in person or by mail.
Browse a selection of City of Royal Oak applications, forms and documents.