This information is provided by Nowak & Fraus Engineers.
As the snow begins to fly, and construction largely winds down, we wanted to provide a recap of what was accomplished over the last few months on the park development project:
- Completion of the playground structure
- Completion of the pavilion building/restrooms
- Completion of the bio-swale and pond grading and plantings
- Completion of the westerly soccer field
- Completion of the sledding hill
- General completion of the perimeter walkway (final layer of paving to be completed in 2021)
- Completion of the phase II natural area planting/trails and bridge placement
- Installation of the splash pad plumbing
As winter sets in, the Contractor team is committed to continuing along with work that is not weather sensitive, such as:
- Construction of the maintenance garage
- Demolition of the old pump house
- Installation of the easterly soccer field drainage piping
- Once the spring arrives, the final list of required work will include:
- Placement of the splash pad colored concrete and fencing
- Installation of east soccer field irrigation, soil mix and seeding
- Installation of the shade sails (foundations are in place)
- Placement of the final layer of asphalt on the perimeter path and parking area
- Removal of the existing property fence and brush (currently left in place for continued site security)
- Final project cleanup
We hope that many of you were able to visit the project site during the recently held open house earlier this fall to see the work in progress. We look forward to a short winter, an early dry spring, and a quick and successful completion to this long awaited project!
Please feel free to contact Steve Sutton, Nowak & Fraus Engineers Project Engineer, at 248-635-6571, or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time, with project related questions.