Starting October 1, 2020, materials checked out on your card will automatically renew before their due date, saving you time and late fees!
Items will auto-renew if:
- The item does not have holds
- The item has not reached its limit of 2 renewals
- Your account does not have blocks preventing renewals
- It is an item that is eligible for renewals
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When do auto-renewals occur?
Auto-renewals will occur 3 days before an item’s due date. You will still receive your full loan period, as the renewal period is added at the end of the original loan.
- What if an item doesn’t auto-renew?
If an item cannot be renewed, you will receive a due date reminder by your chosen notification method (email, text or phone). Please return items by the due date so that other library patrons can enjoy them and to avoid accruing late fees. (Please note, while items are being quarantined, Royal Oak Public Library is not charging late fees.)
Questions? Call us at 248-246-3700