There is no magic to rodent prevention and control. Residents can win the war against rodents by using a variety of common sense techniques.
HOW TO DISCOURAGE RATS FROM YOUR PROPERTY:
- Use rodent-proof garbage cans with tight fitting lids to eliminate food supply.
- Don't leave pet food out overnight.
- Clean up pet droppings daily.
- Don’t feed wildlife. If you have a birdfeeder, it must be 48-inches above ground level. It should be kept clean and tidy
and never be overfilled.
- Remove junk trash and tall vegetation that rats use for shelter. Trim weeds and brush and keep grass short (3-inches
or less) to minimize cover and food sources.
- All building materials, lumber, boxes, firewood and similar items should be stored either on rat-proof paved areas or
stacked 18-inches above the ground.
- Screen dumpster drainage holes with hardware cloth.
Learn more at https://www.romi.gov/…/View/146/Rodent-Information-Handbook…