- Public Services
- DPS Services
- Water Service
- Lead Service Line Replacement Program
Lead Service Line Replacement Program
In the meantime, there are steps you can take right away to protect your household:
• Always begin with cold water for drinking and cooking.
• When you haven't used your water for several hours flush out the pipes to remove any lead. You can do this by running cold water from the faucet, taking a shower, doing a load of laundry or washing dishes.
• Consider capturing the extra water from the faucet and using it to water plants or even for flushing the toilet.
• Clean out your faucet aerators regularly because they can collect lead particles.
• Purchase a home filter certified to remove lead. If you do make sure it is properly maintained.
• You can also have your water tested by a certified lab to see if lead is present.
The City of Royal Oak strives to provide safe and healthy water for your home, but we all play a role in keeping it that way. Together, let's get the lead out.
Click here to view the access agreement.