The Water Service Division is responsible for maintaining approximately 23,500 water meters within the City of Royal Oak. Some of the functions of the Water Service Division are as follows:
- 24-hour emergency call-out for leaking water meters
- Installing new water meters
- Investigating possible water service leaks
- Investigating high water bills
- Reading water meters for the Water Billing Department
Please visit the page regarding the Cross Connection Control Program
Meter Testing & Replacement Program
The Water Service Division has a meter replacement program. There is no cost to the homeowner for the installation of a replacement water meter.
Old Remote Readers
The Water Service Division is converting older remote readers to a newer style, this will help with our new computerized reading system.
Questions About Your Water Bill Or To Change Service
To inquire about your water bill or to change service please call the Water Billing Department at (248) 246-3160 M - F 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.