The City of Royal Oak expects to receive many highly competitive applications from across the City of Royal Oak. All applications that meet the basic eligibility requirements will go through a ranking process. Applications will be selected and funded based on the applicant’s ability to demonstrate their capacity to implement a successful project/program/activity, the City’s priorities, project ranking, and available funding.
Qualifying proposals meeting the above listed criteria will be ranked and scored on a 100-point scale, with 0 being the lowest and 100 the highest score. Proposals must score at least 80 points to be recommended for funding.
Proposals will be ranked according to the score and recommended for funding in rank order. The
Scoring Criteria is as follows:
- Organizational Information: 30 points
- Funding Need: 15 points
- Project Description: 55 points
- Total Score: 100 points
Responses will be evaluated on a 5-point scale where a multiplier will be used (1, 2, and 3) to compute the total points for each area:
- 5 - Points: criterion is clearly, directly, and verifiably satisfied
- 4 - Points: criterion appears to be satisfied
- 3 - Points: criterion appears to be satisfied, but is lacking in clarity or documentation
- 2 - Points: criterion is only partially satisfied
- 1 - Point: criterion is not satisfied
- 0 - Points: question or questions are incorrectly answered or not answered completely
After grant award decisions are made, all applicants will be notified of their award status.
Beneficiaries will be monitored to assess whether the organization program/activities have achieved its objectives and determine whether the program has maximized impacts and outcomes in the community and to the people being served.