Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Nurse on Call
Please contact your healthcare provider for coronavirus testing. If you do not have a healthcare provider, please contact Nurse on Call at 800-848-5333.
Effective March 17, 2020 all municipal buildings are closed to the public until further notice. A comprehensive list of what is happening at each facility can be found below.
Oakland County has expanded FREE drive-thru COVID-19 testing to include people 18 and over, and especially adults that are returning to work: https://bit.ly/
DAYS & LOCATIONS
📌 Mondays and Wednesdays: South Oakland Health Center at 27725 Greenfield Rd in Southfield
📌 Tuesdays and Thursdays: Oakland County Complex, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd in Pontiac
📌 Friday: Novi Civic Center, 45175 W. 10 Mile Rd, Novi.
No doctor’s note or prescription is needed.
☎️ Interested residents should call our Nurse on Call hotline at 1-800-848-5533 to schedule an appointment.
The City of Royal Oak takes the health and safety of our residents, employees and visitors very seriously.
We are committed to focusing on early preventive measures that we believe will help us minimize the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and protect the most vulnerable members of our community.
We are looking forward to cooperation from Individuals, businesses, faith communities and healthcare organizations to keep our community safe and strong.
The best way to stay informed is to sign-up for email or text messages from the city using NotifyMe or follow the city on social media where we post regular updates.
It is not the city’s intention to overreact to the coronavirus but rather take the necessary actions to protect our residents and staff, including but not limited to the following:
44th District CourtOn Monday, March 16, 2020, the 44th District Court, in response to Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s declaration of a state of emergency and Michigan Supreme Court Administrative Order 2020-1, implemented steps in an effort to limit the exposure of the COVID-19 virus for the public, jurors, litigants and court staff. After several days of observation, the Court will now take the following additional steps to further limit exposure and mitigate the risk of transmission of the virus:
1. Effective at 4:30p.m. on March 18, 2020 through April 30, 2020, the 44th District Court will close to the general public, but will remain operational during regular business hours to conduct essential court services including case events involving in-custody defendants and other actions deemed as emergencies by the Judges. All other case events during this time period shall be adjourned to later dates.
2. Court phone lines will remain open during regular business hours.
3. Requests for emergency consideration shall be accepted by fax at (248)246-3601 or by email via the “Contact Us” link on the Court’s website https://www.romi.gov/307/44th-District-Court. Any submitted request must include an explanation of why the matter should be considered an emergency and a return contact number and email address. The Judges will review requests and approve them at their discretion.
4. Probation appointments shall continue to be conducted via telephone or email. Probationers should contact their probation officer for further instruction.
5. To the extent possible, in-custody case events shall be conducted using video conferencing.
For updated information on this rapidly changing situation, please consult the Court’s website at https://www.romi.gov/307/44th-District-Court or on the Court's Facebook page.
Online payments for court fines can be made at www.govpaynow.com using pay location coded 3031
Board & Committee Meetings
- have been canceled through April
- The Royal Oak City Commission meetings will take place as scheduled. Check the city’s calendar for more information.
- A live webstream of WROK is available to those residents that do not have WOW or Comcast cable TV. The WROK webstream is now compatible with Apple and Android phones. WROK also has a channel on YouTube where you can find HD programming and other productions not available on our TelVue web server.
- have been canceled through April
- City Hall is closed until further notice. Limited staff will be in the building answering your calls and opening mail. You can call 248-246-3201 and leave a message. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Water billing in the Treasurer’s office is proactive step in protecting both you and our water service staff. As such, the City of Royal Oak is only providing emergency services related to your water service.
- If you have a leak in your meter, please call us at 248-246-3160 to schedule a repair. For leaks in your water delivery system in your home, you need to call a plumber.
- If you need a final bill for either a property sale or a move out, we are asking that you take a picture of the inside meter including a shot with the meter serial number, and a picture of the outside meter – if applicable. If you need help in finding your meter – or otherwise need help reading your meter – please call us for assistance at 248-246-3160.
- The Engineering Division staff will be available to answer questions via e-mail at email@example.com, or you can leave a voicemail at 248-246-3260 and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. The city plans to postpone the start of all city construction projects until the Governor Whitmer's Stay at Home directive is removed. Inspections for right-of-way and private property paving permits will not be authorized except for emergency repairs (i.e. a broken sewer lead or water service). Site Plan reviews will be conducted on a case-by-case basis, depending on the complexity of the project and ability to review digitally.
- The Engineering Division will be extending any expiring engineering permits, without fees, to 06/30/2020.
- If you have a bill to pay, consider paying by mail, phone, online or use the drop box conveniently located on Third Street near the entrance to the Royal Oak Police Station. Go to https://www.romi.gov/868/Online-Payments to learn more. There is no service charge for paying online with an electronic check. You simply provide your routing number, account number, and payment amount on our secure site to make your payment.
- Royal Oak is a welcoming city! If someone you love is Spanish-speaking, there is a team of medical students who are ready and willing to translate essential documents. Please email CarolS@romi.gov to coordinate such requests.
Department of Public Service
- The DPS facility is closed to the public until further notice. Limited staff will be responding to urgent or emergency situations only. All non-essential services are suspended.
- SOCRRA has secured Priority Waste to pick up Royal Oak yard waste through at least Friday, May 1. During this period he trucks will look different (bright yellow trucks, and maybe even rented white trucks). IMPORTANT: Because trucks will be running routes differently, the pickup times residents are used to will likely change, Therefore it’s critical that residents have yard waste out by 7 am. The ability to circle back for missed yard waste will be limited. Otherwise, yard waste disposal will be business as usual.
- Playground equipment at all parks is closed by Oakland County orders.
- The water department is suspending non-essential water service appointments, such as non-leaking meter replacements, courtesy walk throughs and low read meter checks.
- Trash and recycling pickup will continue as normal. Yard waste pickup will begin the week of April 6. Learn more at waste https://www.romi.gov/340/Yard-Waste
- Currently, the Department of Public Service is not doing final water reads because of the health concerns for both water customers and staff. The department is allowing water customers to take their own final reads as long as they supply a picture of the inside meter and outside reading device. Click here for online Request for Final Water Bill. Click here to download and print a Request for Final Water Bill.
- The Royal Oak Farmers Market will remain open on Saturdays for our Farm Market 7am-1pm.
- The Sunday Antique Market, April Food Truck Rally, Easter Saturday Children’s Day (Saturday, April 11) and all other events held at the Farmers Market are currently postponed until further notice.
- The Farm Market will remain open because it is important that our community has continued access to the high quality, locally grown, farm fresh products our market provides. The Royal Oak Farmers Market has been supporting our local community for 95 years and will continue to be here for our loyal customers.
- We are committed to doing our part in keeping the community and our market patrons safe. Therefore, we will be enforcing a strict no sampling policy, we have asked all our vendors to bring hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes and/or gloves for all or their workers. The Market café will be closed to the public and there will be no seating options available. We will also be suspending the valet parking service until further notice.
- In addition, we encourage patrons to limit the handling of any market products as much as possible and to follow safe social distancing and safe hygiene practices as recommended by the CDC. In order to help facilitate safe social distancing our vendor set-up will be slightly reconfigured. Please check in the Market office if you have trouble finding something.
- We would also like to stress, if you are sick or in a high-risk group, such as a comprised immunize system, heart disease, diabetic or elderly we strongly advise you to please stay home.
- Please know that we are keeping a close eye on this situation and will be following the lead of the Oakland County Health Department and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as it relates to keeping the markets open.
- We will continue to monitor, evaluate, and communicate as needed in the days ahead.
- Current information and updates will be on our Facebook page: www.facebook/RoyalOakFarmersMarket, or call 1-248-246-3276 and press option #1 for a recorded message.
- The fire department is responding to all calls for service, but please note that CPR classes and tours of the fire station have been suspended until further notice.
- During this national emergency there are many things that residents can do to assist first responders and fellow residents:
- If you are feeling ill, call you primary care physician
- If you have no primary care physician, please call the On-Duty Nurse at Oakland County Health desk at 1-800-848-5533.
- If you require an emergency response, and are able to, please meet our responders at the door to minimize exposure to our responders as well as protect your healthy family members from our personnel.
- The Royal Oak Public Library is closed until further notice. Please take advantage of the extensive digital offerings in ROPL's downloadable library. Please visit https://ropl.org/1078/Digital-Library to get started. Each platform provides detailed instructions for launching and downloading.
Are you a Royal Oak resident without a library card? We've got you covered. During the closure we will be issuing temporary library card numbers for patrons to access digital services. Sign up online at https://ropl.org/FormCenter/Library-6/Library-Card-Registration-Form-48
Lindell Ice Arena
- The ice arena is closed until Monday, March 30 at 11:59 pm.
Mahany/Meininger Senior Community Center
- All programs, classes, services, meals, transportation, ROSES, and rentals have been canceled until May 28, 2020.
- The Royal Oak Garden Club’s Perennial Exchange scheduled for Saturday, May 16,2020 at the Mahany/ Meininger Senior Community Center has been canceled. Stay tuned foe the fall Exchange schedule for Saturday, September 19, 2020.
Parks & Recreation
- Effective March 21, 2020, Oakland County ordered playgrounds closed as confirmed coronavirus case count rises. Parks are open at this time; using playground equipment is restricted.
- The DPS facility is closed to the public until further notice. Staff will be reporting to work. Call 248-246-3300 with questions.
- All recreational programs in Royal Oak -- including those at the ice arena, Salter Center and Mahaney/Meininger Senior Center -- are suspended until further notice.
- Spring and summer classes have not been canceled at this time. The department is monitoring the situation. Individuals and teams can still register for programs online at www.royaloakrec.com at this time. Please check back for updates.
- The Royal Oak Police Department front desk is open at this time.